RIFF Box License Activation
RIFF Box license activation allows owner of an unauthorized RIFF Box hardware to enable full functionality of original RIFF Box JTAG. It allows you to use JTAG Manager v1.58 software with ISP/Direct eMMC support.
With RIFF Box license activation you will receive:
- RIFF Box license file
- RIFF Box firmware updates
- Access to official file download area
- Official technical support
- Regular software updates
This activation allows you to:
- Update RIFF Box firmware for a period of 1 year
- Access RIFF files download servers for a period of 1 year
- Receive support on RIFF forums
Please note that buying this activation you get 1 year access to firmware updates and download server. In a year, when your activation expires you’ll have to renew your access.
JTAG Manager v1.58 with ISP/Direct eMMC support:
To use it, please prepare your RIFF Box installation folder:
- Rename JTAG Manager v1.56, so you can continue using it if your account has expired.
- Backup "Useful plugins" folder content because old plugins are incompatible with new *exe, and old *exe is incompatible with new plugins.
- Start v1.58 exe and download license (if your account is not expired)
- Update box firmware to v1.38
- Download new plugins.
Old server will be online for some weeks, so users can get a license, if they need it.
JTAG Manager 1.58
- Direct eMMC Access Interface on the RIFFBOX RJ-45 port (check pinout picture for CMD, CLK, DAT0, pins positions, etc.)
- eMMC/SD Access page for Read/Write operations on eMMC/SD card via direct interface
- eMMC/SD Advanced dialog which allows to perform advanced operations with eMMC/SD cards (reading info, browsing through OCR, CID, CSD (and EXT_CSD for eMMC only) registers' fields, edit separate fields and writing back to card, reading/writing eMMC card's MCU's internal firmware, etc.)
- Convenient information presentation for specific eMMC chips: pinouts for testpoints, manuals how to use testpoints to resurrect dead eMMC, etc.. These INFO files (*.riffinfo) are stored in JTAG Manager's Documents folder and can be downloaded using generic "Check for Updates" operation.
- eMMC Firmware Update option
- eMMC Firmware Reading option (firmware is stored in *.riffemmcfw format). Select a chip from the list in order to read the firmware.
- *.riffemmcfw eMMC firmware files are now used by RIFF for firmware updates (plain binary files are supported too)
- Added elapsed time info for eMMC firmware update stages
- eMMC Testpoint info displaying (info files must be downloaded from support and are located in the JTAG Manager's "Documents" folder)
- CMD42 Lock/Unlock functionality for eMMC. User can set/change/remove password to protect/unprotect (lock/unlock) the User Area Partition
- Added the User Area Partition Forced Erase to erase Locked User Area Partition and to reset Device lock/unlock state and password (CMD42's consequences)
- Samsung Factory Erase, which erases and re-formats Samsung eMMC chips
- Fixed bug, displaying wrong SD card size. For cards with a capacity less than 2 GB
- Few small improvements and bug fixes
- Direct eMMC Access Interface functionality
- Improved the eMMC communication
- the CMD42 Lock/Unlock/Reset Password features
- Forced Erase of locked User Area Partition
- Samsung eMMC Factory Format
- Fixed bug for small SD card support
- eMMC firmware update feature
RIFF Box - Upgrade Procedure:
This is an initial guide for RIFF Box eMMC ISP/Direct functionality. This is not regular update, but rather a major upgrade.
As such, it will come free for all RIFF Boxes registered in the last 6 months (180 days), and of course for all new RIFF Box customers.
To prepare everything on your side for this upgrade, you will need the following:
- RJ45 cable
- 2 x 100 Ohms resistors
- External source for VCC and VCCQ (optional)
- MOORC adapters (optional)
- Activation credits (if your box has been registered more than 6 months (180 days) ago)
RJ45 cable is required to connect RIFF Box to eMMC, as RIFF Box RJ45 port is used for this function.
2 x 100 Ohms resistors are required as pull up, to increase signal levels and improve stability.
External source for VCC and VCCQ is required if you don't want to open your RIFF Box in order to connect RIFF Box internal VCC voltage source. There are some adapters on the market which offer this function.
RIFF Box RJ45 port pinout:
VCC pin is located on RIFF Box motherboard, bottom side. You can locate it if you check the picture below.
|Activation is compatible with the following models of Cell phones||
|Activation is compatible with the following models of Boxes||