Fusion Splicer Fujikura 80S “Kit-A” Plus
Fujikura 80S Fusion Splicer is core-to-core alignment single fiber splicer, which is designed for splicing single-count optical fibers: SM (G.652/657), MM (G.651), DSF (G.653), NZDSF (G.655) for telecommunication use, PON/FTTx networks, etc.
Fujikura 80S model is successor of the famous series of splicers: Fujikura FSM-60S and FSM-50S. The new design streamlines the steps required to complete splices, resulting in greater productivity. "Configurable automation" features allow you to customize the operation of the machine to best suit your particular splicing technique and process. Splicing takes only 7 seconds, and heating takes only 14 seconds.
The device is optimized for splicing under severe weather conditions, it is protected from stress and shock. It may be powered from 200 V AC, or using a battery (included). For user comfort the package contains a convenient working table, where you may place the needed tools: a cleaver, a stripper, sleeves, etc.
- Splices all known types of fibers.
- Fiber core alignment.
- Typical average splice loss for single mode cable with G.652D fiber is only 0.02 dB.
- Reduced splicing time – 7 seconds only.
- Heating time – 14 seconds only.
- Increased electrode lifetime – up to 3000 splicing cucles with one set, without splicing quality loss.
- Battery life increased up to 200 full splicing/heating cycles.
- Rotary color anti-glare LCD 4.73", high contrast and vividness.
- Simultaneous display of X and Y axes.
- May splice SC, LC, MPO connectors.
- Automatic: wind-protective lid, heater, fiber holders.
- Increased water, dust and shock resistance, may be used under severe environment conditions.
- Automatic arc calibration.
- Battery BTR-09 is included.
- New comfortable carrying case, optimized for quick operation start.
- The case may be used as a working table.
- Operation manual is installed into the splicer.
- Software update option.
- 2 years of full warranty with the device replacement.
|Splicing / Heating|
|Typical Splicing Time||7 sec (for SM)|
|Typical Heating Time||14 sec (for 60 mm sleeves)|
|Applicable Fibers||SMF (ITU-T G.652)
MMF (ITU-T G.651)
DSF (ITU-T G.653)
CSF (ITU-T G.654)
Fiber with low sensitivity to bends (ITU-T G.657)
|Cladding Diameter||80 μm – 150 μm|
|Coating Diameter||100 μm – 1,000 μm|
|Fiber Cleave Length||5 – 16 mm|
|Typical Average Splice Loss||0,02 dB (SMF)
0,01 dB (mmF)
0,04 dB (DSF)
0,04 dB (NZDSF)
|Splice Loss Estimate||core
|Return Loss||≤60 dB|
|Compatible Protection Sleeves||60 mm
|Splicing Modes||100 user programmable|
|Heating Modes||30 (10 preset + 20 user programmable)|
|Internal Memory||up to 2000 splice results and parameters|
|Mechanical Proof Test||stretching force 1.96 – 2.25 N|
|Electrodes lifetime||3000 cycles|
|External Interfaces||USB 1.1, Mini-DIN|
|Screen type||rotary anti-glare LCD|
|Viewing||Yes (2 CMOS cameras)|
|Adapter ADC-19||220 V AC|
|Battery BTR-09||4000 mAh|
|Battery Cycles||up to 200 splicing/heating cycles|
|Temperature||–10 ~ +50°C|
|Altitude above sea level||0 ~ 5000 m|
|RH||0 ~ 95%|
|Max. wind velocity||34 mph / 15 m/s|
|Temperature||–40 ~ +80 °C|
|RH||0 ~ 95%|
|Shock Resistance||height: 76 cm, any surface|
|Dust Resistance||dust particles from 0.1 to 500 μm|
|Rain Resistance||10 mm/h for 10 min|
|Dimensions & Weight|
|Weight|| 2,5 kg (with adapter ADC-18)
2,7 kg (with battery BTR-09)
Download Fujikura 80S Data Sheet.
Fujikura 80S "Kit-A" Plus
- Fusion Splicer Fujikura 80S — 1 pc.
- Automatic Fiber Optic Cleaver Fujikura CT-30A — 1 pc.
- Detachable Battery BTR-09 — 1 pc.
- AC Adapter/Battery charger ADC-18 — 1 pc.
- Battery Charger Cord DCC-18 — 1 pc.
- AC Power Cord — 1 pc.
- Spare electrodes ELCT2-20A — 1 pair
- USB cable USB-01 — 1 pc.
- Sleeve loader SL-01 — 1 pc.
- Alcohol dispenser AP-01 — 1 pc.
- Screwdriver SC-01 — 1 pc.
- Instruction Manual — 1 pc.
- Quick Reference Guide — 1 pc.
- Warning & cautions — 1 pc.
- Carrying case CC-30 — 1 pc.