RIFF JTAG – HTC EVO View 4G Recovery Update
Please mind that HTC Evo View 4G phones have a disabled JTAG interface. It can be enabled only by firmware itself via FSBL loader. But unfortunately writing to FSBL area is artificially disabled in the DCC Loader code.
Please note, if your phone has a damaged FSBL Loader and MCU - damaged JTAG FUSE, there's no way to resurrect your phone via JTAG interface.
To resurrect HTC Evo View 4G:
- Solder JTAG cable to HTC Evo View 4G JTAG pads.
- Insert battery and connect USB Data Cable.
- Make sure HTC Evo View 4G is selected in the list of supported models.
- If you use only battery, press "Power On" key.
- Click "Resurrect" button.
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion.
- Disconnect power supply, de-solder JTAG wires.
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally you can flash it using known flashing methods.
To enter download mode:
- Disconnect PC cable.
- Insert battery.
- Hold "Volume Down" key and press "Power ON" button.